Three teams playing in the same match, eight players per side and some international stars – a new cricket format will make its debut in South Africa this month.
Welcome to 3TeamCricket, which will be the first live sport event in South Africa since the nation and whole world went into coronavirus lockdown in March.
Three teams will be compete for the Solidarity Cup at Centurion Park in Gauteng on 27 June to help raise funding for those who involved in cricket and who have suffered during the pandemic.
The Eagles are led by ex-South Africa captain AB de Villiers, pace bowler Kagiso Rabada will captain the Kingfishers and wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock takes charge of the Kites.
Rules of the Game!
The full rules can be found on the 3TeamCricket website, but in a nutshell…
- A match is played between three teams of eight players.
- 36 overs in two half of 18 overs
- One innings of 12 overs each per team
- Bat and bowl to one opponent in each half for six overs
- After the seventh wicket the last batter stands alone
- Maximum of three overs per bowler to either opponent
- The team with the most runs wins
Where You Can watch 3TeamCricket?
- BT Sports (UK)
- Willow Cricket(international)
- Southafrica National Tv
- For internet users enjoy Live Streaming SPORTSPOINT.PK
SHARE With Friends and Supporting Us